Georgetown’s Main Street Program strives to both preserve the beauty and history of the Square and create a welcoming, economically-sound, and fun destination to live, work, and play. Fundraising initiatives assist these efforts and make possible the many projects and activities that distinguish Georgetown as The Most Beautiful Town Square in Texas. Proceeds benefit the Main Street Façade & Sign Reimbursement Grant Program and other Main Street beautification and public art projects.
- The Georgetown Swirl takes place annually the first Saturday in March; guests wine, dine, and shop around the Square amidst musical entertainment and the beauty of springtime downtown. Georgetown is fast becoming a destination for wine lovers, and the Swirl celebrates the cultural experience of food and wine-tasting while lending support to the heart of Georgetown.
- The Table On Main – Imagine a wooden farmer’s table down the middle of Main Street between 7th and 9th streets the first Sunday evening in October, live music and enjoying food prepared by one of Georgetown’s downtown restaurants. Now add a glass of wine or two. Proceeds from this event benefit Main Street’s Downtown Beautification and Public Art projects.
- Main Street Collectible Ornament Series are limited edition, high quality brass ornaments offered through the Georgetown Main Street Program. The annual ornament is available in November for purchase at the Georgetown Visitor Info Center and Georgetown Art Center. Only a limited number of ornaments are available each year with proceeds benefiting Main Street program projects. Each year features a different historic Georgetown building as a new collectible ornament.
The 2016 ornament is the P.H. Dimmitt & Co. Bldg. at 801 S. Main St. is now on sale. One previous edition (2011 Georgetown Light & Water Works building) is still available for purchase at the Georgetown Visitor Center, 103 W. 7th St. for $20 each.
Previous Main Street Ornaments in the collectible series:
- 2007 – Williamson County Courthouse
- 2008 – Palace Theatre
- 2009 – M.B. Lockett building
- 2010 – Masonic Lodge building with horse and carriage
- 2011 – 100th Anniversary of Light & Water Works building
- 2012 – Firehouse and Old City Hall with old fire engine
- 2013 – Farmers State Bank with longhorns
- 2014 – Old Williamson County Jail with old police car
- 2015 – 175th Anniversary of Southwestern University’s Roy & Lillie Cullen Building
- 2016 – P.H. Dimmitt & Co. building with Buick
For more details on either of these fundraising projects, please contact the Main Street Program office at 512-930-2027 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tax Deductible Donations
Donations are welcomed to help fund the Main Street Façade & Sign Reimbursement Grant Program as well as other Main Street program projects. A tax-deductible contribution to the Georgetown Main Street Program helps ensure a vibrant downtown is maintained for generations to come. For more information, contact the Main Street Program office at 512-930-2027 or email@example.com.