Georgetown’s Main Street Program strives to both preserve the beauty and history of the Square and create a welcoming, economically sound, and fun destination to live, work, and play. Fundraising initiatives assist these efforts and make possible the many projects and activities that distinguish Georgetown as The Most Beautiful Town Square in Texas. Proceeds benefit the Main Street Façade & Sign Reimbursement Grant Program and other Main Street beautification and public art projects.
- The Down on Main Street art piece is a new limited-edition, collectible piece offered through the Georgetown Main Street Program. The art was created by local artist, Leslie Kell, and features the architecture from 5 buildings in downtown that reached a milestone year in 2021. The buildings include: The Mileham Building, 1891; The MB Lockett, 1896; The PH Dimmitt, 1901; The Williamson County Courthouse, 1911; and The US Post Office Building, 1931. To purchase a piece of art or a printed product featuring the artwork, click below:
- The Georgetown Swirl takes place annually the first Saturday in March; guests wine, dine and shop around the Square amidst musical entertainment and the beauty of springtime downtown. Georgetown is fast becoming a destination for wine lovers, and the Swirl celebrates the cultural experience of food and wine-tasting while lending support to the heart of Georgetown.
- Main Street Collectible Ornament Series are limited edition, high-quality brass ornaments offered through the Georgetown Main Street Program. The annual ornament is available in December for purchase at the Georgetown Visitor Info Center and Georgetown Art Center. Only a limited number of ornaments are available each year with proceeds benefiting Main Street program projects. Each year features a different historic Georgetown building as a new collectible ornament.
The 2021 collectible ornaments are available!
The limited-edition ornaments and Christmas greeting cards will be for sale at the Georgetown Visitors Center, located at 103 W. 7th Street, for $20 each (ornament) beginning on November 5, 2021. Quantities are limited!
Previous Main Street Ornaments in the collectible series (no longer available for sale):
- 2007 – Williamson County Courthouse
- 2008 – Palace Theatre
- 2009 – M.B. Lockett building
- 2010 – Masonic Lodge building with horse and carriage
- 2011 – 100th Anniversary of Light & Water Works building
- 2012 – Firehouse and Old City Hall with old fire engine
- 2013 – Farmers State Bank with longhorns
- 2014 – Old Williamson County Jail with old police car
- 2015 – 175th Anniversary of Southwestern University’s Roy & Lillie Cullen Building
- 2016 – P.H. Dimmitt & Co. building with Buick
- 2017 – Mileham Building
- 2018 – Old U.S. Post Office
- 2019 – Georgetown Public Library
- 2020 – Austin Avenue
- 2021 – Main Street
- 2022 – Announced in November
*For more details on either of these fundraising projects, please contact the Main Street Program office at 512-930-2027 or email@example.com.
Donations are welcomed to help fund the Main Street Façade & Sign Reimbursement Grant Program as well as other Main Street program projects. A tax-deductible contribution to the Georgetown Main Street Program helps ensure a vibrant downtown is maintained for generations to come. For more information, contact the Main Street Program office at 512-930-2027 or firstname.lastname@example.org.