Annual Downtown Events
It seems like there’s always something happening downtown, from a quaint musical performance outside Georgetown Winery to a major festival spanning the entire Square and surrounding streets. Here’s a look at the events that take place throughout the year:
- Second Saturday Market Days and Concerts Visit the Square on the second Saturday of the month from March to November and you’ll find an outdoor marketplace of jewelry, art, and clothing, delicious food and drinks, and antiques and collectibles. Guests also enjoy live music and a kids’ area, making the whole day a fun, family-friendly event!
- The Georgetown Swirl One of the most exciting happenings in town, the Swirl brings downtown businesses and patrons together for shopping, dining, and musical entertainment around the Square. All event proceeds benefit the Main Street Facade and Sign Grant Program.
- Red Poppy Festival One of Georgetown’s most beloved annual events, Red Poppy Festival kicks off with a street dance followed by a weekend of live music, student performances, artisan booths, an eclectic and amazing food court, a classic car show, and the hometown parade. You won’t want to miss this one!
- Festival of the Arts Organized by top local musicians and arts leaders, this event takes place at venues all over downtown and brings in world-renowned musical talents to delight all who attend.
- Ghost Tours on the Square When the summer heat is dead and gone, the Square comes alive with visions of something darker! Costumed-guides lead tours tours through Georgetown’s oldest buildings, recounting history through local voices of the past, details and tickets available from the Williamson Museum.
- Lighting of the Square It’s the official start to the holiday season in Georgetown; the Lighting of the Square kicks off the festivities with traditional carolers, hot chocolate, and cookies and a mass countdown to switching on thousands of lights on rooftops and the courthouse. The annual event is a favorite for locals and visitors alike.
- Christmas Stroll The first weekend in December, the Square is transformed into a hotspot for the holidays with a festive marketplace, Bethlehem village, activities just for kids, and a parade with local flair. Downtown businesses are decorated to the nines and the streets are alive with merriment. It’s a truly magical time in Georgetown!
For more information on these and other Georgetown events, please visit the Georgetown Convention and Visitors Bureau or call 800.436.8696.